site model rough edges

PO4

Question

when I try to introduce a vertical excavation into my site model, I get very rough edges as seen on the attached screenshot. the site model is based on a 10x10cm resolution laser scan. the rough edges are probably the effect of the triangulation vectorworks uses.

is there any way to get smoother geometry when editing site models?

thank you

yves

130155170_ScreenShot2019-05-29at11_22_40.thumb.png.f1accb140747b49fae1108fc5b2b7fb0.png

5 answers to this question

Guest Alex Sagatov

@PO4

Are you just using a pad modifier in this case or are you using a Pad + Grade Limits / Pad with Retaining Edge?

Any chance you could send me just the site model with the site modifiers you are using so I can dig a bit into this? Just from the description and screenshot, I think you are on the right path with something related to the triangulation, but I haven’t personally seen this effect before.

we could solve the problem as follows: by using a pad with retaining edge and projecting the retaining edge upwards by using the command 'send to surface'. since I'm using the german version, the command is called 'z werte anpassen'/'adjust z values'.