Nomad App PDF android issue

sandii

Question

Hi,

I created a pdf through the nomad app on my android phone. See below. I could not read the numbers. I then when onto another phone (and i phone this time) and i could see the numbers quite clearly. See attached screenshot.

Can someone help me with why this is occuring?

iphone screenshot 2.PNG

iphone screenshot.PNG

Android screen shot.png

11 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @milezee,

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles using the AR viewer. Can you please provide more details? What device and OS you are running on? Is Nomad crashing as soon as you enter the viewer, or is it crashing at the point when it is trying to load your model? If it crashes when it is trying to load the model, you can try reducing the size/complexity of the model. I posted some tips on how to do that here: 

Hi @milezee,

The file size is not the biggest factor when it comes to handling files in AR mode. What matters more is the polygon count. I see that this model has 19706 faces - see the attached screenshot. I realize that this is a Vectorworks symbol from the library, but it has a lot of faceted geometry. Unfortunately, this type of model cannot be handled by the AR viewer engines at the moment. We are actively looking to find a solution for these types of problems in the future.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 5.24.55 PM.png

• Like 1
On 5/30/2019 at 5:17 AM, inikolova said:

Hi @sandii,

I work with the team who develops the Nomad mobile app. We are able to reproduce the problem you are seeing and we will investigate it. I will post an update when it becomes available.

Thanks,

Iskra Nikolova

Any progress on this issue?

thanks,

Hi @sandii,

I apologize for the delayed response. Our team has taken a look at the issue, but unfortunately, there is no easy fix for this problem. On Android, the library that we are using to handle PDFs is quite old now and has a lot of restrictions. This issue can be fixed if we change the whole procedure that we are using to handle PDF-s. This is on our list of things to do in the future, but I cannot provide an estimate at this time.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova