Wall Seams on elevations

lgoodkind

Question

5 answers to this question

Guest Alex Sagatov

@lgoodkind As long as the walls are completely overlapping and coincident on that side, the line should disappear in hidden line. I have included a very simplistic example below. Can you copy the two walls into a new file and attach it so I can take a quick look? If the walls are story bound and copying it into a new file requires a bit of work due to these changes, I can also send you an upload link so I can take a look at the full file.

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 9.20.13 AM.png

Usually it's because they are just ever so slightly out of alignment (or, VW thinks they are).

The best way to get them back together can vary... sometimes I draw a reference line in the correct position, move them both away from this, then move them back again, snapping them to the reference line.

I've tried the suggestion above without success.  Here's the file.  Nothing I do removes the seam.  Perhaps this is because I have the slab thickness factored in and the exterior finish extended above the top of wall?  

I have once again resorted to manually drafting elevations and sections because i cannot get any of these tools to work properly.

WALL SEAM TEST.vwx

@lgoodkindhi if you zoom right in you will see there is a level difference top of wall to bottom.

Also there are 2 walls, one with peak overlapping. nor sure if you have the walls on correct design layer.

The issue was the wall components are set to by Storey and cant be adjusted for the wall bottom except globally.

I adjusted the wall componants to by wall elevation and was able to adjust then to align.

So original problen was the gap you can see when you zoom in.

HTH

Capture.JPG

WALL SEAM TEST.vwx

• Like 1