Wes Gardner

No Stories, No Problem

@Zeno, I don't know if you'd be able to due to client confidentiality, but if you could post your set-up file so others could see, it might encourage folks to try.

Maybe strip out all the geometry, sheet layers, etc and just leave the story set-up?

Wes

1 hour ago, Wes Gardner said:

@Zeno, great looking model!

oh thanks Wes, later i’ll post the set up file

• Like 4

On 10/11/2019 at 2:13 PM, Wes Gardner said:

@Zeno, I don't know if you'd be able to due to client confidentiality, but if you could post your set-up file so others could see, it might encourage folks to try.

Maybe strip out all the geometry, sheet layers, etc and just leave the story set-up?

Wes

Here you are

ISSUE: before creating stories, I'm used to sketch a schema, like the attached one. Maybe it can not correspond with the file, but it is very useful before start. It's easy and quickly, then you can have more control.

Plan.thumb.jpeg.213beb609ec01bc40dcfe8f23c425312.jpeg

Stories.vwx

Edited by Zeno
  • Like 2

Ciao Zeno, do you use a common Z for all buildings or every building has its own project zero?

Accordingly, how do you set up the Reference Elevation in the Export IFC Project settings?

2102647186_ScreenShot2019-10-15at06_31_56.thumb.png.771902b7e75c5e58f83d3c97dd9826b4.png

108121324_ScreenShot2019-10-15at06_35_13.thumb.png.057974403fc067fe7867465ac732b413.png

Why must I write in English with an Italian user -_-

So, I'm used to set the global 0 in a specific point on site. From there I start to set the project. For IFC Export I didn't change any parameters on reference elevation.

Thank you Zeno, 😀

... I just have been reproached that I speak a total mix between German and English!

I think that we will do a common zero for the project. We must use the coordinates during IFC export, so, let's go for "common zero".