MacBook Pro issue

mattryan

HI I just purchased a 2018 MacBook Pro 2.7ghz quad-core i7 with 16 gb ram with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB with MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 running vectroworks18

I was running Vectorworks 18 on a 2017 iMac before this and had no issues whatsoever. I now try to work on a file on the MacBook Pro and I can't even edit text without it freezing up. is there a compatibility issue?

Thank you for any assistance

Matt

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Matt,

With the graphics card on your MacBook Pro, I wouldn't expect good performance at all with Vectorworks 2018. We recommend dedicated graphics cards with at least 1GB of dedicated VRAM. However, I wouldn't expect the constant freezing in the way that you describe. This is probably due to the Mojave upgrade. Can you try undocking your Object Info Palette and resizing it? Does the freezing still occur? Also, you'll want to make sure you are up to date with the latest Service Pack for Vectorworks 2018. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Paulo Ferrari

@mattryan Hi your Graphic Card it's incompatible with Vectorworks 2018, it's need a dedicated Graphics cards to running Vectorworks 2018 correctly. Bellow follow a list that I made with MacBook Pro, that it's works with Vectorworks 2018. 

‐ MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)*

‐ MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012)*

‐ MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)*

‐ MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), With GeForce GT750M*

‐ MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), With GeForce GT750M*

‐ MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), With AMD R9 M370X

‐ MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), With Radeon 450,455 e ou 460

- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), With AMD Radeon Pro 555 or 560

- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), With AMD Radeon Pro 555X, 560X, Vega 16, or Vega 20

* This MacBook's uses a Low to middle Graphic Card Range, it's recommend for a small and medium projects, without many details in 3D.

Please, that it's some tricks to compatible your Vectorworks with your lower Hardware. Try this that I adjusted in this video in your Vectorworks running in your MacBook Pro with Intel Graphics.

Regards 

Paulo Renan Ferrari

Edited by Paulo Ferrari