Light Instrument Data Appearing in Different Places

Hi Again,

I've begun taking the VW stock instruments that we use the most often and adding a lens to them for the realistic appearance of light in the fixture.  That has all gone great.  What's happening is that once I've created the final symbol and Converted to Instrument on the Spotlight dropdown, the data fields appear on the Shape tab, while the original stock instrument has the data on the Data tab.

This in itself isn't much of a problem, but next I want to copy the data from the originals to the modified ones using either the Lighting Symbol Maintenance report, or, find a way to copy the Light Info Record from one to another (rather than typing everything out individually).  My new, converted instruments are not present on this report, and I can't find a way to copy the Info Record from one to another.

I've attached a VW project file to illustrate.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Steve.

Info_Record_Test.vwx

I've been playing with this some more, and I'm very confused now.  

My thinking is that I need to "open up" the stock symbol, add the lens (and a graphic I created to differentiate it), and then "close it back up" and have it be a lighting device not just a symbol.

So far my attempts at various un-grouping and, record detaching and reattaching, have failed.  But I'm going to keep at it, and may just have to resort to typing all the data in from scratch.

I'm still interested in any and all advice.

Cheers.

Edited by Steve Clarkson
more info

I'm not quite sure I understand your problem. I do see from your file you have 2 symbols, one which look like a stock symbol and one you have edited.

The stock symbol inserts properly as a lighting device, and has the proper records attached to it. For some reason you have inserted it as a symbol in the drawing instead of a lighting device, not sure why/how... I've inserted it as a lighting device without any problem.

The custom symbol in which you have added your logo and lens is made out of a lighting device, that is the reason it is not appearing in any report. You should edit the stock symbol by right clicking on it in the resource browser and editing de 2d par with your logo and afterwards de 3d for the lens. Have a look at the following video which might help.