Import Changes to Spell Check

Jim Smith

Question

The Spell Check File should be able to be imported from one iteration of the programme to another. With each new iteration of the programme, additions to the spell check need to be re-added to the spell check, not just regional issues such as Colour & Centre but common abbreviations like D1, D2 et cetera, et cetera.  

2 answers to this question

Usually we leave a the Structural Engineer's firm to do the structural drafting. We just finished the first project in VW 2019 with lots of structural information & I spent what seems like hours with the spell check reteaching it to accept such simple things like: HSS, LVL, MPa, et cetera, et cetera. Is Spell Check too deep into the programme to not allow it to update/import? 

This happens with scores if not hundreds of items every time we launch a new iteration of programme & in a big file can take a long time to chug through the file.

Edited by Jim Smith

Hi Jim, 

I would have thought the answer to your situation would be to either: 

• Use Migration Manager to import all your customisations in your 'User Data and Preferences' from a prior version of Vectorworks which will include any customisations you've made to the user dictionary file. 
  • Or - because I often recommend that people don't migrate data except for Libraries, Templates and Favourites - and because the user dictionary file is just a .txt file, you could manually move it into the User Data and Preferences folder of the new version. You can also manually edit it in other text editors if that was more convenient for certain operations, such as adding new terms en masse. 

See 'Adding and Editing Dictionaries' in Vectorworks Help