loretta.at.large

Callouts with Multiple Leader Lines - Line Thickness Issue

Question

I've noticed that if I use a callout and then add multiple leader lines.... but then later decide to change the line thickness, only the original leader line thickness changes.  The added ones still have the same thickness as when the additional leader line was created.  Has anyone else had this issue or noticed it as a problem?  Attached is an example.  It's not a huge problem, but it's still annoying to have to delete the additional leader lines and then redraw them.

1185868601_ScreenShot2019-05-22at4_34_55PM.thumb.png.b9357ccdf7cb72e920e6807b04dd2afb.png

7 answers to this question

15 hours ago, loretta.at.large said:

I've noticed that if I use a callout and then add multiple leader lines.... but then later decide to change the line thickness, only the original leader line thickness changes.  The added ons still have the same thickness as when the additional leader line was created.  Has anyone else had this issue or noticed it as a problem?  Attached is an example.  It's not a huge problem, but it's still annoying to have to delete the additional leader lines and then redraw them.

Hi @loretta.at.large. I tested it with both VW Architect 2019 and 2018 on my Mac running OS 10.12.6 and am unable to reproduce your problem. Could you add your VW version, operating system and computer specs to your signature? 

Hmmm... might it be related to the old go-to: VW Preferences > Display > Navigation Graphics setting? 

1 hour ago, RGyori said:

Hmmm... might it be related to the old go-to: VW Preferences > Display > Navigation Graphics setting? 

Hi @RGyori

I currently have mine set to "Good Performance and Compatibility."  So far, changing this setting hasn't seemed to help.  You can see my specs below.  We use VWX Landmark in our office. 

@loretta.at.large Hello, I just tested this and had one of our techs test it, and it doesn't seem to be occurring on either of our machines.

Do you know if this is occurring with callouts you generated in 2019 or is it possibly coming from an older version (if so, do you possibly know which version)?

Are you able tor replicate this with new callouts in new files on your end?

38 minutes ago, ASagatovVW said:

@loretta.at.large Hello, I just tested this and had one of our techs test it, and it doesn't seem to be occurring on either of our machines.

Do you know if this is occurring with callouts you generated in 2019 or is it possibly coming from an older version (if so, do you possibly know which version)?

Are you able tor replicate this with new callouts in new files on your end?

Hi @ASagatovVW,

The file was originally created with version 2018 and then was converted to 2019.  I guess that's the problem.....  I opened a brand new 2019 file w/ new callouts and the issue didn't appear.   

The problem also seems to disappear if I create a completely brand new callout with multiple leaders lines (even in a converted 2018 --> 2019 file).  But the original callout created from a previous version still has the line weight problem even if I delete a leader line and then recreate it  🤷‍♀️.  Kind of funny how that is.      

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 12.21.46 PM.png

• Like 1