Hyperlinks that work to go to a Vectorworks help page.

Bruce Kieffer

Question

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Bruce:

What have you tried so far?  The Hyperlink Object should allow you to put a graphic on the drawing and take you to the online help.  Export that to PDF and the hyperlink will work when you click on it.

There is also the new Cloud Presentations, which let you make boards and web views and panoramas all in a collected set.  There isn't yet a general hyperlink "hot spot" but I have asked for one.  Until then the PDF with Hyperlink Object in it technique would work there too.

https://cloud.vectorworks.net/presentations/11e94995b9599ad8b33b0ed66c18f16a

I inserted a hyperlink using the hyperlink tool. Then I copied and pasted the link from the Vectorworks help page in Safari to the hyperlink settings in Vectorworks.

1281636911_ScreenShot2019-05-22at6_53_08AM.thumb.png.7d0ed99c2199c71dde84728b80749adf.png

When I click on the link in my Vectorworks drawing it takes me here and not to the help page I need to show.

508977344_ScreenShot2019-05-22at6_53_36AM.thumb.png.6004162d5ab8f9ddfaf7fb11e3ba3142.png

Dave, I understand what you are suggesting with the PDF, but my presentation today is showing how Vectorworks works and I'm using my Vectorworks drawing for the presentation.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello,

Please try this link to link to the Symbols page of version 2019 help:

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2019/eng/index.htm#t=VW2019_Guide%2FSymbols%2FSymbols.htm

The link you were trying to use is used only by Vectorworks for context-sensitive help and isn't the right format to use for a general link.

The link above ought to work (I am on Windows and it works fine in Firefox and Chrome).

FYI, you can always link to the latest VW help, regardless of version, with help.vectorworks.net as the URL, should you want to create a link that is not tied to the version.

Hope this "helps,"
Alexandra

• Like 1