NEW- Vision online training seminar

• Administrator

Hi Vision and Pre-viz community,

I just finished watching the final run of our Vectorworks Vision online seminar. This is a 2.5 hr. Online training covering most of the knowledge that you will need to start using Vision. Bryan, our Entertainment trainer, did such a good job that I would like to share it with you all. 

When: Thursday, May 23 at 1:00 PM -  3:30 PM (EDT)

Cost: $0.00 this date only using the discount code VISIONROCKS at check-out.

Let me know what you think.

• Love 1

I agree. I actually had no idea this was happening, didn't get any kind of email or anything. Since it seems to just have been announced Tuesday, I assume most people will want/need to watch on demand. Hopefully that can be possible. But 2.5 hours on Vision sounds like a great chunk of time to go through things. Excited to watch.

Cory

• Administrator
15 hours ago, klinzey said:

Though I'm not sure if those will be discounted like the first one

The seminars are not discounted; they have $ associated. We have received such good feedback after our first session, that I'm extending the discount for the next two sessions June 7th and June 27th using the same discount code at check-out VISIONROCKS.

Registration link: HERE

I hope that helps.

Have a great weekend!

Juan

• Like 1

Forgive me if this is a naive question. Will there be training videos not behind a pay wall? If the goal is to get new users to check out Vision or quell potential fears about a steep learning curve, it seems like those videos want to be readily available to everyone. I understand advanced topics maybe being special training for VSS members only, but by VW's own admission, very few spotlight users use Vision and there is strong interest is seeing that number rise. Creating a great video about how to use Vision and then charging $150 to watch it, seems like a counterintuitive approach. But perhaps there are other videos planned. I hope at the very least, this video will be available for free to beta testers. If I can't confidently use a program, I'm not really going to recommend it anyone else.

thanks,

Cory

@G Curtis Please send an email to training@vectorworks.net and we will get your order refunded. 

@Cory Pattak

Vision Getting Started Guides: https://www.vectorworks.net/training/2019/getting-started-guides/vision/what-is-vision  

There is currently content for Vision that does not exist behind a paywall, although I will be the first to admit that these resources are fairly limited. In 2019, our Customer Success team became more focused on developing training resources for Vision, because this is an area where we knew that we needed to improve. Now, we could have put together a few more quick tutorials to help users with certain workflows, but we felt that something more comprehensive would better support our Vision users. We have also received a lot of positive feedback from users for our other Essentials Seminars (Spotlight, Landmark, Architect) saying that this was a key resource in helping them succeed with Vectorworks. This is why we felt that this would be the best place to start improving our Vision content. It's not that we don't want to make more free content for Vision, it's more of a left-foot, then right-foot scenario - we started with the Seminar and now we are working on the free content. 

Of course we did consider that by creating a seminar, Vectorworks users would have to pay to view the seminar. This is true with all of our seminars and a part of the reason why we are able to dedicate more of our resources to develop this higher-quality training content. With all that being said, we still wanted to do something for our new and active Vision users that would really benefit from this new content, so.....

We offered it for free to everybody

On 5/21/2019 at 4:55 PM, JuanP said:

When: Thursday, May 23 at 1:00 PM -  3:30 PM (EDT)

Cost: $0.00 this date only using the discount code VISIONROCKS at check-out.

Then we received feedback from users saying they couldn't make it, so we offered for free again

On 5/24/2019 at 1:35 PM, JuanP said:

The seminars are not discounted; they have $ associated. We have received such good feedback after our first session, that I'm extending the discount for the next two sessions June 7th and June 27th using the same discount code at check-out VISIONROCKS.

Registration link: HERE

Now, we won't be able to give away this seminar for free much longer. But please understand that this was a sincere gesture to our Vision users. You all have been patient and integral in helping us develop this product and we wanted to thank you as best we can by helping you succeed with Vision. @Cory Pattak I appreciate the feedback you have provided and I would not wish for you or any other user to think that we want to make any content exclusive for money sake. There is simply training that we can offer for free and training that we cannot. In the case of online seminars, we understand that $150 isn't necessarily an option for everyone all the time. If that is the case for any of our users, please contact us, we are people and we will strive to help in any way that we can. 

• Administrator
On 5/25/2019 at 5:42 PM, G Curtis said:

I just booked the 27th but didn't see the discount code till just now..I paid $189??

@G Curtis You can go to Eventbrite and cancel your registration. If you have any issues please contact me directly. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried twice to register for the training and it stops just before I pay and says try later. Ill try again in an hour any suggestions? Where does the discount code go I could not find where to put it in. 

Thanks for any help you can give.

• 1 year later...