Hi All,

I see a lot of you making good use of the data tag tool, and I'm wondering how I can use it in my workflow.

I don't really use many native PIOs, but I do make extensive use of custom symbols.

Can anyone point me towards a good tutorial about setting up custom data tags? I don't know where to start on this

Many thanks

Hi Russ,

Check out Vectorworks Help, there's a section on editing...dunno if you can infer anything from that regarding building a custom one...I built one that gives the spot elevation for the top of a slab so it can't be too hard...

I'll ask around and see if a video or tutorial has been made that specifically targets making custom tags.

See the attached file, it might get you started...

Got to the Resource Manager and edit the tag.  At the bottom choose "Edit Tag Layout" Select the "EL" and in the OIP, choose "Define Tag Field".  This is where the magic happens.  It's similar to "Link Text to Record"...  take a look at the "Data Source" and "Function" drop-downs...

Hope this helps

Wes

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 10.12.25 AM.png

Spot Elevation for Slab.vwx

I've struggled with this too, needed to add data tags (just numbered circles) to my cutsom made symbols for identification purposes on my sheet pages. There really should be more info/tutorial on how to create and attach a data tag to objetcs

• Like 1