Render Texture not showing when in symbol

Ben Wingrove

Question

I have an extrude with a perforated metal texture, it shows fine in open GL, Wireframe and Artistic White Model.

When I place that extrude within a symbol or if I change it in to a symbol it no longer shows up in the Artistic White Model render and a bunch of other render modes but it does show up in Open GL and Hidden line!

Is there a sneaky trick to get this to show up in the other renders, unfortunately removing it from the symbol and placing it on its own is not an option.

Thanks

Ben

(the top object in the screen grabs is the extrude on its own and the bottom is the symbol with the extrude inside)

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.07.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.07.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.10.05 PM.png

3 answers to this question

Guest Alex Sagatov

@Ben Wingrove To confirm, are you still using VW2016 in this case? I tested this going back to 2017 with my own geometry/textures and it seems to work; however, my current machine won't run 2016 and older. I believe the "Artistic White Model" mode was replaced in 2017 with "Render Style White Model".

Any chance you could upload the example document you are showing the screenshots of so I can dig a bit further into this?

Guest Alex Sagatov

@Ben Wingrove Any chance I could get a copy of the example file shown in the screenshots? I believe I have created a similar setup on my end, but I am not getting this result. For what its worth, at least in our default Render Style White Model, I don't see textures at all (even if its just on an extrude). I have a feeling that in order to replicate this, I will need a specific texture / render settings.