Assign an object values

You have to be so picky about what words you use to search I'm not sure what to google.

If you could help me find the right words that would be appreciated.

To put it as simply as possible.

I made some objects.

I want to assign them values. In this case it's ingredients and the number of each required per object.

I want to feature a self updating worksheet on my plans where I can drop 3 objects in and it totals the ingredients needed. (and lists the individual cost too)

Thank you in advance.

Edited by anarablehill

If I correctly understand, you'll likely need the objects to be symbols. You'll need to create a data record for the object and include the parts and costs. Then you can create a report based on the data record and include on the sheet. You may need to recalculate the report to get updated information.

Thanks for your reply!

I created 2D symbols.

With your help I was able to do the following:

I made a record I can apply to symbols that can automatically assign it to new inserted symbols.

Now I'd like to create one sheet to show more than one record.

I'd also like to only show the total for the sheet and not each item. (2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc)

Do I need to show zero values? I added them so there would be a column whether there is an ingredient value or not since more symbols will be added later.

VW-Help.jpg