Convert to NURBS - Where are Interpolation points?

Modify>Convert to NURBS applied to a 2d curve (polyline, etc) produces a NURBS curve consisting of Control Vertices (similar to 2d Bezier points).

Seems that earlier vwx versions of that command produced NURBS Curves with Interpolation Vertices (points on the curve, similar to 2d Cubic Spline)?

Even if that is incorrect memory, is anyone aware of a way to convert a NURBS Curve or any vertex from Control to Interpolation?  The Reshape Tool includes a Change mode, but it toggles to Corner Vertex and back.  OIP does not have vertex type control.

-B

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Benson,

When you CREATE a NURBS curve you have a choice...but I think you're right, when CONVERTING something to a NURBS curve, you don't have a choice....hmmmm.

Wes

15 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

All three versions I tested converted the same way, switching to control points. Personally I would prefer the points to remain the same type they started with. I often use interpolated points instead of control points.

Kevin

I agree. Using interpolated controls is way easier as they are on the object and not vaguely beside it. Even better would be to finally update the editing of NURBS objects, which really needs an update to stay in par with other packages. 

• Like 3