Christiaan

What mouse do you recommend?

I‚Äôm using a razer naga trinty. Twelve programmable under my thumb ūüôā. Only the scroll wheel could be a little better. But overall very good for me and much more sensitive and lighter than my Magic Mouse.¬†

764F6E35-9F76-4451-AE3C-87C50810EF3C.thumb.jpeg.cccdee4fabbbd14e2fa4a735ffd9af79.jpeg

Been using a nice MX Master (the older one not the 2s) I got on an amazon sale, it is lovely. The scroll wheel defaults to a nice clickiness, but it has kind of an electric clutch that lets it switch over to smooth scrolling when flung rapidly, and then reverts back to being notched and accurate when you scroll slowly. No extra buttons for those who like the extra mouse shortcuts, but the accuracy, feel and that wheel feature have me sold on it.

I have awful carpal tunnel and RSI problems.   To combat I switched to an Evoluent Vertical Mouse about 3 or 4 years ago, and that helped tremendously for a while.  But the last few months my carpal tunnel has been really bad again,  so I switched once more (though I still have this hooked up for occasional use, and for my wife to use)

image.thumb.png.765d400457f68efbad02bfa8b51c34ab.png

Most recently (two weeks ago or so) I've switched to a Contour Design RollerMouse Red.   It took some getting used to but I really am starting to love it.   My clicking finger, wrists, and arm feel better than they have in years.    The first hour with it I was wondering if I made the wrong choice,  the next couple days I was just irritatingly slow,  now I'd venture to say I'm faster with it than a regular mouse since I don't have to move my hands away from the keyboard.  It's also nice that you can assign the buttons behaviors on a per application basis. 

image.thumb.png.864dae8d05c50df862070598662f89e9.png

Probably bizzare choices for the masses,  but they've served me really well.

-W

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Jim W said:

then reverts back to being notched and accurateÔĽŅ when you scroll slowly

This is something I don't understand. Why is this considered "more accurate"? When I scroll/zoom with a Magic Mouse I have effectively infinite incremental control on where it stops (and I can scroll/zoom fast with inertia and then tap to stop it instantly). With the clicky CadMouse scrolling and zooming would jump between each click of the wheel.

Edited by Christiaan

@Wesley Burrowstry a Wacom Intuos. I had carpal pains so strong, that once I had to go to the hospital. The Wacom healed it fully. Now I can also use a mouse again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Christiaan said:

This is something I don't understand. Why is this considered "more accurate"? When I scroll/zoom with a Magic Mouse I have effectively infinite incremental control on where it stops (and I can scroll/zoom fast with inertia and then tap to stop it instantly). With the clicky CadMouse scrolling and zooming would jump between each click of the wheel.

I don't think it's truly more accurate, it just feels that way to me. The scrolling is the part about the Magic mice that I love, it's the perfect surface for it. I just became addicted to a physical clicky wheel long ago and like mice with a high arch in the palm. 

5 hours ago, _c_ said:

@Wesley Burrowstry a Wacom Intuos. I had carpal pains so strong, that once I had to go to the hospital. The Wacom healed it fully. Now I can also use a mouse again.

I will definitely investigate!  Thanks for the suggestion!

20 minutes ago, Jim W said:

I don't think it's truly more accurate, it just feels that way to me. The scrolling is the part about the Magic mice that I love, it's the perfect surface for it. I just became addicted to a physical clicky wheel long ago and like mice with a high arch in the palm. 

Gotcha¬†ūüĎć

On 6/3/2019 at 7:44 PM, Marissa Farrell said:

I've been using MagicPrefs for a few years now while testing on Mac with the Magic Mouse. It was a game changer for me.

Un oh. @Marissa Farrell , have you noticed the loss of momentum in macOS 10.15 beta when using MagicPrefs? Hopefully it's temporary but it might be end of the road for MagicPrefs.

9 hours ago, Christiaan said:

have you noticed the loss of momentum in macOS 10.15 beta when using MagicPrefs?

I haven't yet upgraded, but this is great information for me to keep an eye out for. I'm planning to get the beta installed this week and I will keep this in mind!

Posted (edited)

New 3Dconnexion driver adds support for CadMouse Pro Wireless (assuming the left-handed version as well):

https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html

Version 10.6.3 (July 12, 2019). Fourth public release of version 10.6.

• Updated: 3DxMacCore v. 1.1.2 (b106, 3deb50e; Jul 12, 2019).
  • Fix: [MAC-112] Problems installing 3DxWare 10 on macOS 10.14.5 on some machines.
  • Note: Hot-fix release to address MAC-112.

Version 10.6.2 (June 28, 2019). Third public release of version 10.8.

• Updated: 3DxMacCore v. 1.1.1 (b95, 280bb1e; Jun 28, 2019).
  • Updated: 3DxMaya v. 4.6.0 (r15781; Jan 23, 2019).
  • Updated: 3DxNLServer v. 1.3.3 (r16341; Jun 28, 2019).
  • Updated: 3DxPair v. 2.3.3 (r16242; May 18).
  • Updated: 3DxSketchUp v. 5.0.0 (r16196; May 15, 2019).
  • New: Added¬†‚ÄúCadMouse Pro Wireless‚Ä̬†device support.
  • New: [MAC-90] Add support for version 2019 of Autodesk Maya.
  • Fix: [MAC-68] Wrong axis motion.
  • Fix: [MAC-87] Remove NL .config files on driver installation. This fixes the issue causing
  • the auto center of rotation (I3DN feature) defaulting to off in applications such as
  • Onshape.
  • Fix: [MAC-96] 3DxNLServer crashes on QuickZoom In/Out.
  • Fix: [MAC-110] Mouse cursor jumps to left-bottom when starting 3DxNumPad.

Edited by Mark Aceto

atcually I don't fan of games, don't have own experience, but this article about mouse test, 10 best game mouse may interested of you. 

Just get the g502 wireless, its great for productivity and also it has some great reviews. So you wont be regretting purchasing it trust me.