Project Issue History - issue order problem

This is one for @Nikolay Zhelyazkov - hopefully you can help - but if there's anyone else please chime in!

We're making an issue sheet for the practice, but i'm running into some difficulties.

Our sheet is generating the most recent issue on the left. Is there a quick way to change it? We're allowing 10 columns for issues, and I tried changing the formulas in the headers to start from the left at 10 rather than 1, but this pushed all our issues across to the right, with subsequent issues coming on the left hand side. Rather than the 'issue number' field on the issue sheet reading 'C,B,A' it should read 'A,B,C'.

776776555_ScreenShot2019-05-17at12_35_01.thumb.png.86c68dec9bf29acc182ac2eb55bb0cd1.png

In the VW2019 help pages it does this!

936498616_ScreenShot2019-05-17at12_36_52.thumb.png.23ef821e767878a6d4f05e8f2b70a6ce.png

In the titleblock manager, how come most recent issues put on top? (see image) it seems like if this could be changed, it would solve the problem.

1774894807_ScreenShot2019-05-17at12_35_13.thumb.png.63ec36a462ab795b68ef76d234792fda.png

All suggestions welcome, thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @_James,

In the Project Issue/Revision History the Issues are listed from the latest issue to the oldest and at this time it is not able to change this. You could fill in a wish about it. If you want to have your worksheet look the way you want it, you could manually edit it and reverse the issue numbers in the formulas that have "Title Block Issue Data-'x'" in them, but you will have to update your worksheets manually from this point forward, as the TBManager will overwrite the formulas.

9 minutes ago, _James said:

In the titleblock manager, how come most recent issues put on top? (see image) it seems like if this could be changed, it would solve the problem.

- You could change this with the Direction popup. However, this will not solve your problem in the worksheets.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hey @Nikolay Zhelyazkov,

Thanks for your quick response, but that's a real shame, I will fill in a wish list. I thought about filling it in manually but that defeats the point of having a coordinated drawing.

How come in VW2019 help it shows it the way I would like with the caption "Most recent issues shown (in this example 3 is specified); the most recent issue is on the right" - would it be different if we used numbers for issues instead of letters? Or is the image in help just done manually as well and in reality it would be "5,4,3"?

1 minute ago, _James said:

Thanks for your quick response, but that's a real shame, I will fill in a wish list. I thought about filling it in manually but that defeats the point of having a coordinated drawing.

- Thanks 🙂

1 minute ago, _James said:

How come in VW2019 help it shows it the way I would like with the caption "Most recent issues shown (in this example 3 is specified); the most recent issue is on the right" - would it be different if we used numbers for issues instead of letters? Or is the image in help just done manually as well and in reality it would be "5,4,3"?

- I suppose that the help was created in an earlier phase of the implementation of the task, when the report was created in this order, but this logic was changed later on.

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Splitting up the worksheets is a great idea also, so they can be printed across multiple pages - but is there a way to do this with a more 'custom' worksheet, rather than generating new ones through the title block manager? If splitting them in this way is the only way, it would mean that making a custom worksheet (company name/logo etc.) would have to be done every time - reformatting it every single time would take forever!

My preference would be to have a custom worksheet saved as a resource, that users can either drop into their files or they will be on the first page of the template. This worksheet will then grow as the drawing set develops, which makes it hard to know how many pages the worksheet is going to span. If the worksheet could be split up post creation that would be really helpful. Perhaps there is a way of doing this? Right now I would adjust the size of the page in page setup, but this leads to awkward cuts, invariably halfway through a cell.

All in all, there is massive potential for this to save us a lot of time, it just doesn't seem as intuitive as it could be, and there seem to be a lot of barriers that impedes how some people would rather do things (i.e. recent issues only on the left). 

@_James

You could import the worksheets used for Project Issue/Revision History located in the default content - "Libraries\Defaults\Reports_Schedules\Title Block Records.vwx" and edit them. IMPORTANT - you should not edit any of the cells with formulas in them and if you change their position you will have to change this in the TBManager too in the respective fields. Anyway, you could change the static texts and add new rows/columns. After that, when creating the reports from the TBManager, the worksheet from the file would be used with your changes included.

If this is not what you are expecting, please fill in wishes with your requests.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov