Question

I have inserted a nurbs roadway object into a drawing (see "Nurbs road 1" attached), but when I try to edit the elevation of one of the station points, the object contorts itself into a pretzel.  Is this a bug, or am I doing something I shouldn't be?

Nurbs road 1.pdf

Nurbs road 2.pdf

7 answers to this question

Make sure that "Vertex Only" is selected in the little pulldown?

I have had that happen before. Frightening😫. There are three (I think) toggle modes in the reshape. You need to make sure that the movement is constrained to the x and y axes. Better yet, and because of this, I stopped trying to make those sorts of adjustments by mouse action and instead type in the numbers I need. I even usually resort to going back a couple steps, to the original polyline (saved off to the side). Duplicate, make needed corrections in 2d, then re-create road. Then I go vertex  by vertex as needed to adjust grades. It's trial and error (at least for me) and sometimes takes three times to get it how I want it, but it's SO much better than old school by hand method. And once it's right, bob's your uncle.

@CipesDesign Thank you!  I didn't know about the reshape modes - that explains everything!  I am saved!  In which version did they add those modes?

@CipesDesign since I have your attention...is there a way to select a station point then specify the desired grade for a specified number of station points?  I could measure the distance and calculate an elevation, then "Align stations vertically", but I was wondering if I could get Vectorworks to let me type in "8.33%"?