grant_PD

Open Gl viewports blank out if objects are textured, and textures are turned off

Question

I have a fully textured model, and when I render viewports in openGL, but have the options for textures and colors turned off (to get a white model look) the viewports render nothing at all.  I even turn on a background render of hidden line and nothing happens.  This should not be so.  This needs to default to white.

2 answers to this question

@grant_PD So far, I haven't been able to replicate this, but lets check a few things:

1) If you go to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Edit Tab ... What is your default image compression set to here? If it is set to JPEG, can you try swapping it to PNG and updating the viewport again?

2) If the issue persists past that, can you try going to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display Tab > Navigation Graphics - Can you try the different options here? Try updating the viewport and zooming between testing these.

3) If the issue is still persisting, are you able to replicate this in a new file with a few simple 3D shapes in it as well?

Doesn't seem to be doing it with the same file today.  Sometimes VW gets "stuck" with issues like this.  Maybe my restart system/restart program knocked something loose...