MY own Title Block idiocy

Scott Hill

Question

So I'm just a serious VW amateur, but the ranking user in my company, and have been working my way through creating standards and templates for the other guys on the team to use.  One main thing is the title block, which I got working in 2017, but 2019 is throwing me for a total loop.  I have all the records properly attached, linked, and formatted, but now no matter what I do, or where I update them from (OIP or Title Block Manager) there is no change to the block when I exit the dialog boxes.  I tried attaching my files for reference, but the uploads keep failing, so here are links:

Title Block 2019 - WIP v2019.vwx

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aiiiy0SsKb71iKU9FSQOnnOhXa4cYg

SmartSource 2019 General Template.sta

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aiiiy0SsKb71iK8dqumpTfVkAl8yvw

I greatly and humbly appreciate any insight into what I'm missing or doing wrong.

Scott

2 answers to this question

Guest Alex Sagatov

@Scott Hill There was a significant change to title blocks in 2018 which appears to be causing the confusion here.

If you haven't seen this video, check it out first. This goes over the new title blocks in 2018 which may assist in understanding the workflow and creation:

In your Title Block file specifically:

1) Select the Title Block Border and choose "Edit Title Block Layout" in the Object Info Palette.

2) Select the 2D symbol that is currently in there an go to Modify > Convert > Convert to Group (Don't convert sub-objects to Groups)

3) Select the new Group and go to Modify > Ungroup. This will break it into text objects and individual objects.

4) Select the text objects you want to link, and link them through this new option at the bottom of the object info palette.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 1.28.36 PM.png

Let me know if this addresses your issues.

Thank you!