CETLV

House Rigging Point tool

Has anyone found a way to attach more than just bridles, (hoists specifically etc), onto house rigging points?

I do a lot of rigging in ballrooms with set rigging points and want to use the auto connect feature from house rigging points, to auto connect hoists to truss.

basically I just want to not have to adjust all the hook heights once I insert them.

Any quick workarounds?

This is currently not possible but it is an item on our wish list.

That's Unfortunate.  Thanks for the update!

Get one set correctly for each trim and point elevation and then copy and paste or duplicate as required.  Not really what you are looking for, but much quicker than starting from scratch every time.  

The closest I have come to getting something like what you're describing is by using the Dead Hang Mode of the bridle tool and then replacing the down leg with a hoist in the Object Info Palette. The trick is to make sure that your truss is centered directly beneath the house riggings point. I have attached a file for reference. 

Hoist to House Rigging Point.vwx

I see what you are doing there, not a bad idea.  But I think BW handles that math a little different.  and I would not confuse the "Force" Number with the point load as its not the same.  As seen here.  Good idea though!  I Likes it.

bridle usage.JPG