Saved views in Viewports

In the OIP on the viewport you probably saw that you can set Projection to Perspective. When you click the Set View button on the OIP the 3D rotation is, agreed, somewhat rudimentary, but if you reduce the increment value its not so hard to get what you want.

The other option of course being to take a flat 2D copy of your perspective to another layer and viewport it.

Setting viewports to saved views is a great idea though.

I used View/Set 3D View on the design layer. Then View/Create Viewport. I added this to an existing sheet layer and rendered the viewport. "Perspective" is one of the choices in the Projection dropdown. The view parameters were set in the design layer, not by using the Set View button on the sheet layer. I didn't have to use the work arounds mentioned above.

George

Peter,

I stumbled onto a unique solution that may be of interest to you or other users. I agree that the Custom view with its increment navigation is really cumbersome. However, try this:

Set up your viewport for a custom perspective view. Then edit the viewport via the "crop" portal. Once there, you can ignore the crop features and rotate the model to whatever view you wish with the flyover tool and the other 3D view tools. Once you have it where you like it, you can exit crop and the selected view will remain.