Bruno Sá

help developing production drawings for counter.

Hi Everybody!

I received some 2D drawings to produce a customer service counter in a mall and need some help with an issue...

I'm modeling the counter to set the construction documents and CNC files, but don't know how to plan one of the pieces direct from the 3D.

Attached some images to illustrate the issue...the yellow piece in the model is the one I want to create a plan for a CNC file.

Any idea?

Thanks!

counter perspective.PNG

counter plan view.PNG

counter side view.PNG

Loft is your best bet. try creating the end top corners as lines, join using a NURBS curve and then shell to get the thickness. If you're going to send this to a CNC, stay clear of any Subdivision modelling as that will not give you the right type of NURBS surface in the end. You must use solids to create this.

• Like 1

@Stephan Moenninghoff I already create the solid peace...using NURBs and loft surface...and then shell, as you can see in the first image. What I need now is to have this peace in 2D to send to CNC.

Thanks again!