Vectorworks 11.5 repeated crashes

I have recently upgraded from Vectorworks 10.5 to 11.5 at work and I'm experiencing a number of reoccurring crashes of the application.

The problems occur in the following patterns:

1. Just before an auto-save (set to every 10mins ) and I have tried switching this off an manually remembering to save.

2. During the editing of text.

3. During the moving of an object in 2D.

4. While the application was running idle or after a period of inactivity, both in the background while using a different application

and while in the foreground as the sole application.

Vectorworks will unexpectedly freeze and the following error message appears:

"Vectorworks Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.... (followed by the standard Windows XP 'tell Microsoft about this problem' blurb and 'report error' buttons)."

The error signature that have been generated during the crashes experienced today were as follows:

"Error signature:

AppName: vectorworks.exe

AppVer: 11.5.0.37547

ModName: vectorworks.exe

ModVer: 11.5.0.37547"

Offset codes for each crash below:

Offset: 004c7fdc

Offset: 0030b677

Offset: 0053709e

Offset: 004c13a3

Offset: 00378ecd

Offset: 00711e48

Offset: 004c139b

Any ideas or solutions? I am currently using the application on the following machine.

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz with 512MB Ram

running Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 1 (Similar problems are being experienced with Service Pack 2).

[ 04-07-2005, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: Stuart Child ]

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Nemetschek North America has identified and resolved an important stability problem which affects all Windows users running any VectorWorks 11.5 product. Under certain operating conditions this problem can result in random crashes on Windows machines. We are releasing this service pack to fix the problem. This single download will update all English-language VectorWorks 11.5 products (ARCHITECT, LANDMARK, SPOTLIGHT, MECHANICAL, VectorWorks, and RenderWorks) to version 11.5.0(40462). If you are currently using a version of VectorWorks prior to 11.5.0, you must first install 11.5.0 before using this updater.

The download is available from the following location:

http://www.nemetschek.net/downloads/vectorworks/index.html#servicepack