Can't Close out of Vectorworks 2019 Window

M1chaeL

Question

I just upgraded to the subscription 2019 Vectorworks (Spotlight) on my Mac OS X. Whenever I use Vectorworks, it doesn't let me close out of the window, I have to quite the program in order to close out of the window. Where there should be a red "x" at the top left corner of the window, there's just a grey dot. How do I make it so I can have that red "x" and be able to close out of the Vectorworks without quitting the program?

Edited by M1chaeL

6 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Vectorworks:Windows menu:Use Application Window.

You may also want to choose the Use Document Tabs option so you can have more than one documents open at the same time and switch between them by tabs at the top of the window.

I don't see that here:

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 12.48.17 PM.png

Is that a custom workspace? If so, you need to add the command to your workspace.

Or for the quick way, switch to any of the stock workspaces, make the change and then switch back.

But adding those commands to your workspace is the better way.

And while you are editing it, you might want to look and see what other new commands/tools you have been overlooking because they are not in your custom workspace.

3 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Is that a custom workspace? If so, you need to add the command to your workspace.

Or for the quick way, switch to any of the stock workspaces, make the change and then switch back.

But adding those commands to your workspace is the better way.

And while you are editing it, you might want to look and see what other new commands/tools you have been overlooking because they are not in your custom workspace.

Its not custom, I haven't customized it at all. Its just 2019 vectorworks spotlight.