Design/Cost - Live

so i took some time to make a CATALOG in OpenBOM for the common parts I use in my VW models...(see image)

this is a browser based system that can link into programs like Solidworks, Onshape & others...this means that a BOM created in OpenBOM in the cloud can make a spreadsheet appear ON your drawing sheets IN VW...

1724282353_ScreenShot2019-05-14at7_45_43AM.thumb.png.f515f205a7191329be671a88a46b01a7.png

Edited by digitalcarbon

This topic has gotten much more interesting now I see it's based in real-world realtime measures: Jeff's need vs DC's ability to deliver in a timely fashion.

Although jeff's comments  are a bit vague from where I sit.

Edited by mjm

then as soon as i dropped this into the cEarth environment the supplier would immediately say "Lets get the fabricator involved with this & see what his comments are"

this way im not finding out late in the game how best to do this...AND since they have been invited into the cEarth area...they already know its location on the earth and any shipping issues....also since they know the area & terrain may they have a better product that would work better

1440609419_ScreenShot2019-05-14at3_48_01PM.thumb.png.a97b0118effc87eba402e6f24c7712b9.png

• Like 1

then later when project is done you hand over to contractor who has all the products and relationships you developed over the months and they he starts to work on Logistics....placing a truck sets a time and notifies the local ready mix plant that something is happening...

1837384066_ScreenShot2019-05-14at3_59_49PM.thumb.png.2e0feb3c12e3242041d6fdb1468cda19.png

Edited by digitalcarbon
  • Like 1

people are interested in the cost of things...while I admit that there are varied approaches with pros and cons...people are interested in the cost of things...

If a UFO land at the White House and offered a little black box for $1 each...and it could tell anyone what the cost of a project was at any given time (live)...would you buy it?

If the answer is no then the debate still continues...

• 1 year later...