JCCARROLL

3D Pine Trees

Yes. Use the search function in the Resource Manager; type in "pine". 

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried that. I only found 2D elevations, 2D plan images, and image props, no 3D pine trees. I did find some stylized 3D conifers in Entourage Plants, but nothing realistic.

Image Props are 3d resources. They have a much lower poly count than actual 3d models. Try it and see what you think...

568490795_ScreenShot2019-05-08at4_28_54PM.thumb.png.e3bfe4cf49187526b4b506368b9300a1.png

FWIW, it is generally helpful if you create a Profile which includes your OS flavor and version and your VW's Version, etc.

P

• Like 1

The image props appear as two 2D images 90º opposed to one another.

Is there a setting that may be used to make them appear as 3D images?

I will try update my profile with OS an VW version.

I use a Mac and I am currently using VW 2018.

In Top Plan View, IP's look like crossed lines, but pop into a 3d View (like with the Flyover Tool) and you will see their 3d(like) presentation.

If you want the best of both worlds, you can use a 2d/3d Hybrid Symbol which contains the Plan View graphic and the 3d IP. For example, try the Symbol called "Plant Basic Evergreen Tree 01". Or, you can create your own (see: http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2019/eng/index.htm#t=VW2019_Guide%2FSymbols%2FCreating_Symbol_Definitions.htm&rhsearch=hybrid symbol&rhhlterm=hybrid symbol&rhsyns= )

JC, here (below) is a  VW's file with the Evergreen Tree. Note 1: see how it behaves like a 2d Object in Top/Plan View and how it changes to a 3d Object in 3d Views (this is a central paradigm in VW's and applies to the entire program); Note 2: if you double click on a Hybrid  Symbol you are given the choice of Edit 2d or Edit 3d. Try it and you will get a better idea of how Hybrid Objects are created. You will also be able to modify many things in the Symbol if desired; Note 3: If/when you create/modify Hybrids, make sure that the 2d alignment is true, center of 2d = center of 3d. 

More questions? Post back!

Evergreen.vwx