Windows vs MAC using VW

Hello,

im new to VW. I was trying to do this Tutorial.

Im using Windows and the Handling of Options, is complete diferent. 

-The guy in the video inserted the doors by clicking first and then moving the mouse for defining the opening  direction. How can i do that on Windows ? if i click, it inserts direct.

-The "Select Same" function dont works for me ... it shines red but then dont select anything. 

-The options for the doors (Swing bi-Part) dont exist on my version ... what i`m doing wrong? 

Running WV 2019 Spotlight.

Windows 10 

Thank you for the help 🙂 

Edited by Costa

This has nothing to do with Mac vs. PC.  There is almost zero difference.  Except for what the modifier keys are called (Control vs Command, Alt vs Option, etc.) and purely OS level functions like the color picker - the software is identical.

15 hours ago, Costa said:

-The guy in the video inserted the doors by clicking first and then moving the mouse for defining the opening  direction. How can i do that on Windows ? if i click, it inserts direct.

Just a guess:  If you go to Preferences > Edit Tab , do you have Click drag drawing selected?  

-The "Select Same" function dont works for me ... it shines red but then dont select anything. 

With the magic wand (select same tool) selected, click on the preferences button in the tool mode bar.  Make sure that ONLY Object Type is selected.

-The options for the doors (Swing bi-Part) dont exist on my version ... what i`m doing wrong? 

That's a mystery.  Can you send of screen shot of what door configurations you do see?

Do you have the localized German version of VW or some flavor of the US version?  (Not sure if the German version has a different door tool.)

4 hours ago, michaelk said:

With the magic wand (select same tool) selected, click on the preferences button in the tool mode bar.  Make sure that ONLY Object Type is selected.

That worked out. I can now select all the Walls. 

Just a guess:  If you go to Preferences > Edit Tab , do you have Click drag drawing selected?  

It was deselected, now i activate it but still can`t tun the door while drawing

This has nothing to do with Mac vs. PC.  There is almost zero difference.  Except for what the modifier keys are called (Control vs Command, Alt vs Option, etc.) and purely OS level functions like the color picker - the software is identical.

ok, but the Layout in Windows is more "complex" ? The menus looks different.

Screenshot (1).png

Just to be clear:  Click drag drawing should NOT be selected.  That's just a good way to get RSI issues.

It looks like you have the German door tool that is different from ours, so it won't behave the same way as the American tool.

I think that's the difference.