Question

Hi,

Every time I try to hidden line render a 3D file, Vectorworks stops responding and never comes back (I've left it overnight). It's been happening for the last 3 days with multiple files of various sizes. I'm able to render open gl and realistic final (although this has been taking up to an hour), just hidden line seems to be a problem. I've rebooted the program and the laptop several times, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Vectorworks - still no joy. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm using 2019 on Mojave.

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

Hi Danielle,

What is your 3D conversion resolution set to (Vectorworks Preferences>3D)? Also, is this rendering in a Viewport or on the Design Layer?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

Generally high, but I've also tried on medium whilst having this issue with no change. The same thing occurs in a viewport, and on the design layer unfortunately.

Thanks

There might be some text or planar objects that are causing Hidden Line to take longer. Also, do you have any complex Mesh objects or did you import geometry from another application or file type? If you can send me a copy of the file, I can take a look for you.

Thanks,