Custom Sliding Barn Door

CraigC

It depends on how fancy you need to be.

If you only need the look, then insert a door with the proper dimensions and format it as an Opening or Cased Opening. Then draw the "door" as a separate piece.

If you really want it to be a single door object, then create the "door" (moving part) as a symbol and use the "Use Symbol Geometry" option in the General pane of the Door Settings. Read the help on Use Symbol Geometry for the details.

In either case you will have a door object that you can set the parameters on and use to report in a schedule if you need that.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

It depends on how fancy you need to be.

If you only need the look, then insert a door with the proper dimensions and format it as an Opening or Cased Opening. Then draw the "door" as a separate piece.

So I've inputted a door with the correct dimensions, and I've drawn a door slab. But I don't see how to format the door into an opening.

BTW the first image below does not belong in this thread but I don't see how to delete it. Please see the second image.

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 3.13.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 5.34.06 PM.png

First, you have a Styled door, so you need to click the Convert to Unstyled button to make it editable. You probably don't want to start with a door with a swing (unless I am misunderstanding what you mean by barn door. I am thinking a big slab that rolls on wheel on a track above the door.

If your slab is a symbol, you should be able to click the Use Symbol Geometry button and then select the symbol from the Resource Manager. You may need to edit the symbol to get the insertion point in the correct position for what you are trying to do.

• Like 1