grant_PD

need to create a solid from many many nurbs surfaces

I received a site survey file for a job which had the landscape surveyed as roughly 800 nurbs surfaces.  I'd like to be able to create some sort of solid out of this so I can perform solid Boolean operations on it.  Is there a method for doing this?  I've tried shelling, projection, intersections.  

If they are already nurbs surfaces and the geometry is ok,

Modeling Advanced 3D Stitch Surfaces should create

one large Surface, where Thicken should work ?

• Like 1

every time I run the stitch surfaces command I get a generic solid as a result.  Not sure where this "Thicken" you speak of is....

1 hour ago, grant_PD said:

every time I run the stitch surfaces command I get a generic solid as a result.  Not sure where this "Thicken" you speak of is....

I think its probably a reference to using the Shell command to give the surface thickness.

Without seeing the situation its hard to know exactly what to advise. I often create the extra surfaces needed (sides and a bottom surface) to make a nice clean solid and then run Stitch & Trim.

Kevin

• Like 3

Kevin that's the winner!  I thought I had to make a bottom that fit exactly  to the sides, completely ignoring the "trim" side of stitch and trim.  Made a simple nurbs rectangle that intersected the sides, and I'm good.

Thanks!

• Like 3