MTRobin

Save File with Script

Can someone walk me through how to use a script to save a file to a user defined location? I am creating a script and the last piece of the puzzle is to save a copy of the current file. I would like a pop up window to appear so the user can select the file destination.

I have tried all the procedures and functions and I cannot get it to work.

Thank you

Maxwell

That worked great! Thank you. Do you know of a way I could save as, and it will save the new document with a new name in the same location as the current one?

I think your best bet for that would be to use Python. There are a bunch of options for working with file and folder structure using os (https://docs.python.org/3/library/os.html).

I wrote a script to snapshot an open file to a subfolder in the current directory using os. You can definitely do what you're looking for, but not necessarily with Vectorscript.