Applying Imported Texture to Extruded Object

Hey everyone. So, not sure why I am having this issue as I am not having it with any other object, buts here it is. I have a 1' Diameter cylinder in my drawing, it is extruded 9'6". I found a JPEG online that looked like what I needed to get my point across. I figured out how to import the image as a texture. However, when I click on the cylinder, I go to the attributes tab and set it's fill to Image, and I select the image. Nothing happens. I tried going into the OIB, Render Tab, and setting it to a texture, however, my imported image doesn't show up in that Resource Browser. I am currently working in the same class as the cylinder is, I have to class set to use at creation, and I am in the same Layer as the cylinder. When I open the Resource Browser and look at resources in my file, my imported texture/image shows up though. Any assistance would be amazing. Thanks.

You need to make a Texture out of the image.

You don't need to import the image into VW first. 

Go to the Resource Manager, click the New Resource button and choose Renderworks Texture.

Set the Color to Image and select the image file you want to use. Set the Size to be appropriate for the texture. Depending on what your image is you may also want to adjust the Reflectivity, Transparency and Bump.

More information in the VW Help files.

• Like 3
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

So, it sounds like you've imported this as an image fill. Next step is to create a Renderworks Texture. Double-click on your Resource Manager and choose to create a new Renderworks Texture. Set the Color shader to Image and import your image. (You can also set other shaders like reflectivity, transparency, and bump). When it's a Renderworks Texture, you'll be able to apply it to the 3D object.

• Like 3