Exporting image files

If using a Mac try printing 'save as' pdf. You can also use a screen capture. To avoid prolonged 'redrawing time. I often just use a screen capture from my Cinema display 1680x1050.

Takes 10sec versus 20minutes to re-render . Also using the zoom in VW sets up the view perfectly prior to capture.

Try export images from the ViewPort.

• 2 weeks later...

I am working from a PC platform and found that the print to pdf was where the error occured. I need to pull off a scaled image and found that the only way I could successfully do this was to use the export image command but at a smaller image size. Provided I used a sufficiently high enough resolution I could then rescale through a graphics package and covert to a GIF image to minimise the file size.

Thanks for your help.

Aqueous,

Prior to OSX that's basically how we did it on Mac. Although, instead of the severe limitations of GIF you should consider 'lossy' jpeg or lossless PNG.

I prefer PNG for archival images. ( see VW Preferences ) Additionally, if you're using an Image Editor like Photoshop Elements, you can save the file as a TIFF and it also saves all the layers with it, if necessary.

TIFF is recommended for hi-res Grayscale output such as scanned images.