open gl view, delay before and after view change

PO4

Question

I have a problem that annoys me for quite some time now. I just invested in a space mouse which makes this problem even more apparent and I'm wondering if other people also experience this and if there is anything that can be done about this:

if I'm in perspective view (I normally use open gl but it's the same in wireframe mode) and I try to orbit, pan or zoom, there is always this slight delay between clicking and the view actually changing. as soon as the view actually changes rendering is very smooth, even with complex geometries (I have a nvidia gtx 1070). this delay happens right after I try to make a view change and also again after the change happened. so it's really not smooth working like this.

I was able to improve the situation by deactivating some interactive activation options, but it's still not good. it seems as if vectorworks need to actively change it's mode of operation to 'view change' and than back to 'edit model'.

is anyone else experiencing this? again, I don't think it has anything to to with rendering, it's the same behaviour if I display the model as wireframe. this is with vectorworks 2019 sp3 by the way.

thank you for any help with this!

yves

6 answers to this question

Guest Paulo Ferrari

Did you try running this Vectorworks 2019 in Windows 10 System?

I think that it's some problem that you have with graphics drivers in this computer running with a Hackintosh (I'm not recommend this System).

Because I Have a Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, and works fine. Without this problem.

In Windows 10, has a Nvidia Control panel, that you configure (fit) your Nvidia GTX 1070 to works fine with Vectorworks 2019. Follows this options that I commented.

Ambient Occlusion                                                                      Off

Anisotropic Filtering                                                                    Off

Antialiasing - FXAA                                                                      Off

Antialiasing - Mode                                                                      Application Controlled

Antialiasing - Setting                                                                    Application Controlled

Antialiasing - Transparency                                                        8x

CUDA - GPUs                                                                                 All

Maximum Pre-rendered Frames                                                Use 3D Application Setting

Multi-display/mixed-GPU Acceleration                                    Single Display Performance

Power Management Mode                                                         Prefer Maximum Performance

Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimization             Off

Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias                                       Clamp

Texture Filtering - Quality                                                            Performance

Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization                                  On

Threaded Optimization                                                               On

Triple Buffering                                                                             Off

Vertical Sync                                                                                  On

This documentation it's Old, but works yet (It's be possible that some options, isn't available anymore)

Regards,
Paulo Renan Ferrari

hi paolo

thank you for your feedback! since I'm working on macOS and prefer it that way, your help is not really applicable to my scenario.

I made a video of my issue which explains the problem quite well. please notice the status bar on the bottom right. as long as there aren't any coordinates visible there I'm not able to move my view. as you can see, it takes more than a second between the stop of my movement and the coordinates reappearing. I think this has more to do with the number of objects and seems to be cpu related, not an issue of the gpu. also, this is something I noticed on several macintosh systems.

does no one else experience this issue with bigger projects?