Jump to content
CraigC

Objects without faces!?

Recommended Posts

Hmmm...somehow these (see the one highlighted) came out without their faces. Can this be corrected or do I need to delete and recreate them?

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 5.34.17 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post

These look like you drew the profile and then extruded a few inches. And had the Fill set to None.

 

If that is true, then just edit the extrusion and make sure the profile has a Fill.

Share this post


Link to post

I couldn't figure out how to "make sure the profile has a fill", so I deleted and recreated them. Thx.

Share this post


Link to post

If they were extrudes, you select the object, right click and choose Edit (or double click to enter Edit mode). Select the profile object and look in the Attributes Palette to see if it has a fill of None. If it does, change the fill in the Attributes Palette.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Another possibility... and not uncommon (for me!) was to draw the initial polygon and extrude without checking the OIP to verify if it is "closed". I now always double check.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/26/2019 at 4:25 PM, Pat Stanford said:

These look like you drew the profile and then extruded a few inches. And had the Fill set to None.

 

If that is true, then just edit the extrusion and make sure the profile has a Fill.

Other thing I'd have done in this circumstance is to draw one object, make it a symbol. Then, when  I find an issue such as missing object fill, I can edit the symbol and all the rest of the symbols on the drawing are updated at once.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, RGyori said:

Another possibility... and not uncommon (for me!) was to draw the initial polygon and extrude without checking the OIP to verify if it is "closed". I now always double check.

OIP?

Share this post


Link to post

OIP stands for Object Info Palette.

 

(fun tip - if an acronym is used regularly here and has a dotted line beneath it, hovering over it with your cursor will display what it stands for.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

And I of all people who has frequently railed to friends against the alphabetization of the English language! 😱

 

OIP = Object Information Palette. Click on the polygon and check and see if the small box next to "Closed" is check for not. If it isn't you can simply check the box manually and it will close the polygon for you.

Edited by RGyori
spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Marissa Farrell said:

OIP stands for Object Info Palette.

 

(fun tip - if an acronym is used regularly here and has a dotted line beneath it, hovering over it with your cursor will display what it stands for.)

Thx. I clicked on it instead which showed nothing.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...