Linetype images

ScottLebsack

Question

If I have a linetype set to page units, why doesn't it show up correctly in a worksheet? Is there something I should be doing in regard to "scale" my worksheet? I'm attempting to generate legends to match our drawings. Text in lines is illegible I've spent an hour this morning adjusting everything I can think to adjust.

Capture.JPG

11 answers to this question

I think there are several places you need to adjust to get what you want.

1. Set the Row Height and Worksheet Scale so that you have enough hight and width on the worksheet on the page to display everything you want displayed in the image cell.

2. Select the Image Column Database Header Cell and go to the Format Menu: Cells: Images Tab. You will then need to play with the selection there to get what you want. It seems that you should be able to get what you want using the Custom Scale option, but you may find it easier to use the Fixed option instead and specify the Height and Width the image you want to display.

Thanks for the response. I spent 45 minutes tweaking the row height and changing every setting on the on the images tab without luck. Seems like whatever I do, the font won't exceed a set size and with the pixelation inherent in the image function, the linetypes are pixelated to the point of illegibility. Changes have effects on world based linetypes, but effects on page based linetypes are erratic.

Edited by ScottLebsack

Try this:

Create a worksheet and database with criteria to limit to just the lines you want. I just used Type is Line to get all the lines.

In Column A enter a formula of =C which will give you the class. I then Summarized on this to get only a single instance of each line type.

In Column B enter a formula of =Image

Select all of the subrows and set the Row Height (in the Format menu) to 26 pixels.

Select the database header for Column B and go to Format:Cells:Image. Set the Image Size to Fixed with dimensions of 26 x 200 pixels.

Place the worksheet on the drawing.

To me, the line types appear to be very close to the line types already on the drawing.

Thanks for trying to help, but the output remains unacceptable. The fonts in my linetypes is still too small - I checked and ratios of the fixed cell size don't seem to make the difference one would expect. Combine that with the low resolution and the linetypes are fairly poor and become essentially illegible once one begins to half-size a set for field reference.

The image function in worksheets has a lot of potential, but needs continued refinement. It seems like the key will be integrating a vector format "image" for graphics like lines, fills and symbols.

The font was the same, it's is a page based linetype using consistent 6 pt. font. Nothing that I've been able to do gets it to much more than half of that and pixelated in the legend on the sheets. Can you send a screen shot of what you came up with. I entered the values you shared, but didn't see much change.

Somehow your linetypes on the left are smaller than specified in the linetypes I sent, or just long lines zoomed out? The problem I'm having, is that the text in the linetypes should be larger. Linetypes are setup with 6 pt font and none of the ones you're showing are close to that. I can't figure out how to make them any larger, either through image function adjustments or row height/row ratios. I think the lines your showing would be illegible on a printed sheet?

Edited by ScottLebsack