Double Height Wall Joining at Different Heights

genie

I have a condition where there is a roof height change as shown in the attached image. In order for the wall at the taller roof to L-join with the wall at the roof peak,

I had to trim the wall into two parts (at tall roof and at lower roof). That's all fine, except that in 2D plan, after turning off the class for the wall the roof peak, I'm getting a break in the wall that should have been continuous on a 2D plan (as shown in the second attached image). All the walls are on the same layer.

Is there a better way of modeling this type of condition? 

Thanks in advance!

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• Like 1
Guest SMannVW

You can use a single exterior wall instead of splitting it up into parts and using the L Wall Join Mode. Experimenting with the reshape tool on a single wall will allow you to create a jog in the wall for the double height. Then try using the component join tool to connect the exterior wall finishes. You may need to put the walls together and take them apart a couple of times to accomplish the correct graphic in Top/Plan view.
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 11.31.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-25 at 11.31.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-25 at 11.31.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-25 at 11.31.03 AM.png