Hardscapes - Stepping Stone Path - Irregular Flagstones in VW Landmark 2019

jmccain8

Hello. I am a novice and wondering if there is an efficient/easy/quick method for drawing a 2D representation of a path that will be curved, and created from irregular flagstones set at varying spaces from one another? It would be great if there was a simple ability to insert stepping stones (in a resource library) by placing/clicking cursor at a central insertion point for each stone, so that I can eyeball draw a path in CAD that has an organic look. This is just to represent the design for my client and gather the square feet of surface for quoting the install. The contractor and I will hand-select stones from the quarry and improvise as the site and stones dictate, so I'm not looking to actually spec each stone.

Thanks for your help!

James

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi James

Take a look at the Hardscape tool in Pathway mode. You can then use a Tile fill to give the impression of irregular stones. Here's a tutorial that will help you:

https://www.vectorworks.net/training/2019/getting-started-guides/site-design/creating-hardscapes

You can then create a report on the Hardscape, which will give you the area and perimeter.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...