CraigC

Existing vs Demolition vs New Construction

What is the VW workflow for handling existing, demolition, and new construction? Does VW utilize phases? Do you actually model the existing, then demolish the elements being removed, then model the new construction and then somehow it is all retained and displayed by visibility controls in various viewports? Or is this all done with simple 2-D line work?

This often depends on the scope of work, project budget, and level of detail needed for submittals, consultant coordination, and construction documents. I normally create an as-built model from surveys and/or measurements. I'll save that model for reference and create a copy of it to build a demo model with a set of demo classes that can be turned on and off. Finally, I'll create a new construction model and reference the demo model into the new construction file.

• Like 1