CraigC

Slabs & Door Visibility in Plan

I'm doing my first VW project using the architectural template. Why do floor slabs obscure the doors and their swings in plan? Both were created on 1-Floor Layout. If I delete the floors, then I can see the doors. Thx.

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 2.48.39 PM.png

Thanks Robert. Interesting… so this 2-D view is not necessarily showing me the 2-D representation of three dimensional objects!?

Top/Plan view is a drafted view of the 3D objects. It allows you to have some graphical control. You can create viewports in Top/Plan (drafted view) or Horizontal Section (strict spatial view.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So if the 1-slab layer is turned on, how come I can't see the slabs in the 1-Floor Layout view?

And if the walls now reside on a different layer, you have to draw poly lines to create a slab?

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 4.17.26 PM.png

Edited by CraigC

Have a look at your Design Layer Option drop-down menu in the Navigation Palette. It might be set to Active Only, Gray Others, or Gray/Snap Others.

• Like 1