Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

two or more Valve nodes, which one takes presidence ??

I got stuck with this, maybe someone can help ?

I want to create a marionette object that can be mirrored via OIP either on its x-axis, or on a center line parallel to y-axis, or both of them.

The first of the two work fine, but I can't get a combination of both to work. The Valve node for mirroring the y-axis kills the x-axis Valve and vice versa. I wonder if Valve nodes are the best choice at all for this task...

mirror.thumb.jpg.b1b46c8687f807d432b1a71d3f631572.jpg

mirror.vwx

• Marionette Maven

I'm looking into this for you, though I'm at the same crossroads you found yourself at 🙂

I'll let you know if I get anywhere with it, it may just be that the symbol isn't enjoying being mirrored, though I'm unsure at this time. (My test axis drawing is working fine, the mirroring is the only thing failing - I'm hesitant to blame it on the Valves.)

• Marionette Maven
12 minutes ago, IJSSEL said:

Valve nodes work like that ( I think.)

The only thing a valve node will do is suppress anything beyond it in the network - since neither of the valves in this node connect in any way, they will remain independent - there is no issue with this network with regards to Valves.

no problem @ IJSSEL , I love to see people being interested in my posts 🙂

meanwhile I have played around a bit, the problem seems not to be the valve node, but the mirror node. I have made a separate wrapper for YX mirroring and here the same problem appears: No effect on X-Mirroring when Y-Mirroring was done before.

Next step will be to try with Flip nodes.... As soon as I find time for that.

mirror.vwx

Edited by halfcouple