Stop Camera From Moving?

Dear Bruce,

Whenever you activate a camera and you get to it's view, if you then want to move around and don't want the camera to move with you, click the 'Deactivate' button in the OIP first. Then as suggested by michaelk above, choose the walkthrough tool but I suggest the second option the 'Look Around mode' to rotate as if on a tripod.

Cheers,

Peter

• Like 1

Similar to @Bruce Kieffer 's questions, I just noted something that I'm not sure if I can explain about the Camera View. At one time I could fine tune my camera view, then "zoom out". By this I mean the camera's Point of View was "locked" & "zooming out" was similar to changing the crop of a photo to reveal more of the photo. 

What seems to happen now, even with "Deactivate" chosen, the POV also moves. I can get the same/similar result by creating a viewport & adjusting the crop, but it's not as intuitive as it once was. 

Is there a button or setting that allows one to work more like the old technique?