Bengt Nilsson

Some annotations in a sheet layer of a 3d symbol not working

Question

Hi all,

I am making a mechanical design of an object, and I have an instance of it as a 3d symbol in my design layer.

When I do a sheet layer with viewports of the different views and do Dimensions in Viewport Annotations, "Radial Dimensions" is not working.

If I select a circular object the center of the radial dimension measurement ends up in a galaxy far, far away outside the object.

However, if I go back to the design layer and do "Convert to group" and then update the viewport, it works.

Is this a known problem?

Am I using a stupid design method, trying to maka an annotated drawing of a 3d symbol?

The reason want to do it this way is that I am afraid that the 3d symbol which I am sharing between drawings might not be properly updated during the design process, due to my mistakes.

If I take the measurements on the actual symbol, I can be relatively sure it is correct.

If I use a "flattened" copy of it, they might be different.

BN

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet