'Center on Object After View Change' Does NOT work when editing a solid addition/subtraction

Working in a file mostly for 3D modeling. Admittedly not something I do often.

I have multiple solids, mostly additions/subtractions that I am editing into various shapes.

Issue:

I double click to edit the 'layers' of addition/subtraction, but I need to change the view to see where where each object aligns and to take measurements.

Whatever view I have when I enter Edit-Mode works fine, but as soon as I change views (usually via the numpad hotkeys 1-9) the view changes but centers on some ridiculous place among other objects.

When working on very small objects, it becomes very frustrating to find them again (and again, and again) to make edits.

(yes I have the object selected when I change views)

The 'Center on Object..' feature works 100% of the time OUTSIDE of these Edit windows.

I would LOVE if I am just missing something or some weird box I didn't check.

Hoping someone out here can provide some insight 😃

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

I have been having the same issues - there is a box to tick, however even if mine is ticked, it still does not centre the object.  Agreed, It is very frustrating.

If you haven't found the box to tick: Vectorworks Preferences (cmd + , ) > Display tab > second to last on the list. 

Good luck!