William Cashin

Plant symbol questions!

Hello!

We currently draw lines between our plant symbols in our office. We would love to be able to use the polygon display option that adds connections to plant symbols but, cannot figure out how to put it on a separate class or turn it off in viewports/other files that have our planting plan referenced. Is this built into vectorworks? or would there potentially be a third party plugin that would enable us to add it to a class same as a tag? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hello

I'm afraid it can't be classed. Although, it would be really nice if it could. I will file an enhancement request for this. 

While looking at this though, I notice that if you do assign the tags to a different class, and hide this class, the polygon display is also hidden, so it looks like these lines are somehow connected to the tag. I will note this in my report, but this might help you in the meantime, should you wish to hide the tags at the same time in different viewports.

Thank you that's super informative! 

Sadly, we keep our tags at a different line weight from our connectors so this still causes conflicts. Hopefully they do add this to future versions of Vectorworks it would really help our process. 

• Like 1