Label Ledgend? Lighing instruments?

Magnus Mikaelsen

Question

Hello wonderful community

Ive chosen to work in a blank document instead of a Spotlight template.

In the blank document the lighting instrument  Dont show colorfilter and ch-number etc.

Is there an easy way to turn on that function in a blank document.

ps. Its not the mistake of dragging the symbol into the drawing instead of placing a lighting instrument.

which i used to make the picture example.

Thank you for your time.

Magnus

Skjermbilde 2019-04-17 kl. 14.36.57.png

5 answers to this question

Hi there,

you can create custom label legend in the label legend Manager. If you create a new one you can choose what information should be displayed in the label. After creating the label legend you need to edit the 2d and 3d(if you also want a 3d Layout) and drag the textfields of the information to your desired position. You can also check up this page from VW.

- Alex

• Like 1

Thank you for trying to help me.

The problem is really that I have one document where it is working and one where it is not working.

Like on the picture. It is the same instrument, but in 1 document it appears with "informationbubbles" and in another one not.

I cannot figure out how to see the "informationbubbles" in the document that seems to have an issue.

-Magnus

Thank you all.

I found out.

The problem is that there is no label ledgend in new "blank files" and in a Spotlight template file it is, it is also marked "active" so it shows up automatically on any fixture.

And even when you make a label ledgend in the new blank file it wont automatically assign to the new lighting fixtures.

You need to make the lable you made "active" when inserting new lighting instruments, othervise they are inserted without a LL.

Your Noob

Magnus

LABEL.png

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Magnus Mikaelsen said:

Thank you all.

I found out.

The problem is that there is no label ledgend in new "blank files" and in a Spotlight template file it is, it is also marked "active" so it shows up automatically on any fixture.

And even when you make a label ledgend in the new blank file it wont automatically assign to the new lighting fixtures.

You need to make the lable you made "active" when inserting new lighting instruments, othervise they are inserted without a LL.

Your Noob

Magnus

LABEL.png

Hello @Magnus MikaelsenYup everything you've mentioned above is true. I will often draw my plot without LLs as I will deploy several different types over the entire plot, depending on how fixtures are oriented and / or hung. After placing fixtures I'll grab the relevant fixtures and assign the relevant LL en mass.