Until Next Time

21 minutes ago, Jim W said:

Thank you all very much! I have accepted a position at another company (Don't worry, not with our competitors 😉 ) that can flex with my life for the next chapter, I truly do hope to return someday.

In either case, this will be my new account so that new folk aren't confused when they read the conversations and wont end up in a dead end if they tried to message my old one directly. I plan to still lurk, file feedback and jump in for the juicy 3d modeling, 3d printing, CNC and rendering convos!

How funny to see you listed as greenhorn! Good to know you'll still be around. Comforting. And congratulations on the new job!

• Sad 1
  • Laugh 1
On 4/16/2019 at 2:23 PM, PVA - Jim said:

This Thursday, April 18th 2019, will be my last day at Vectorworks Inc. At least for the time being.

It's been my privilege to be part of forum these past several years. Joining Vectorworks in 2007, I've enjoyed the relationships and professional connections I've made here. But due to personal priorities, I'm making a shift to spend time with family. I wish you all the best — thanks for the kind words, the sometimes harsh reality checks, and the honesty shared with me.

I have signed up as a Beta tester, so you may very well see me around under a personal account @Jim W and one day I hope things return to normalcy and that I can come back and continue my work with you all again.

The rest of the Customer Success team will be stepping in to fill the various roles I filled here, and as many of you have seen, more and more employees participate here daily. I think things will go well.

Hi Jim!!!

You will be missed! I've got the pleasure to meet you in the last Summit, sorry to hear of your departure, but best of luck!!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Man... coming in late.  Where have I been to not have seen this?  I am sad to see you go @Jim W but I wish you all the best with your new endeavors.  Family is so important and it makes me glad to see that you see it as important as well, as well as many others.  Kind feels like a big hole has been left wide open.  Who will fill it? (Rhetorical)

I appreciated the grace, wit, enthusiasm and professionalism that you brought here to the forum as well as a good handle on the product that is VW and guiding us all through the inner workings to get the most out of it.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Jim,

Thank you so much for all your help.  While I come from some past exposure to drafting, this was the first CAD software I'd ever touched, and in just over a year you have been instrumental in getting me up to speed such that VW has become a very important part of my company's work flow.  Sorry to see you go, but we all should also take a lesson from your example of quality of life above work.

Cheers, and all the best!

• Like 1

Hey Jim! 

You are SO appreciated. Thank you for being so committed, involved, willing, open and caring for users and colleagues. As a follower I don't know how I missed this topic for so long. It was a big surprise and I am going to miss your perpetual helpfulness. Thank you for everything. And good on you for aligning your priorities with what's most important to you. 

• Like 1