PVA - Jim

Until Next Time

Whoa!  @Jim Wilson thanks for everything you have done here. What a great ride!  You will be missed.

If normalcy can reassert, then your return will be enthusiastically welcomed.

May your next steps take you where you want to go.

-B

• Like 1

Jim,

Thank you for being the face and voice of a big company and product while listening to users and trying to help both sides move forward positively.  Best of luck with your next adventures.

e.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info over the years.  I found you very helpful with your hardware knowledge and how it interacts in VW.  I also think you have been one of the more User-friendly Vectorworks Employee voices over the years. 

Hopefully whatever is next is good for you!

Enjoy!

Matt 

• Like 1

Best of luck with your new endeavors.  You have been a superb ambassador for the Vectorworks Brand and Product.  Feel proud of your many accomplishments (the true extent of which, most of us probably will never fully know or appreciate).  Hopefully, you will find new opportunities to grow and creatively recharge.

On another note, who is going to narrate all the VW training videos, since you did such a great job? :-)

Cheers,

CB

• Like 1

@Jim WilsonJim, sad to see you go but one needs to prioritise, life is short and you always follow your gut felling. Yourself and family first, live life and follow your dreams.

I realized this life late in life after working 100 hrs a week for years and have a family member die young and my Doc calling me at work and saying go home i want you in the hospital tomorrow for heart surgery.

All the best and enjoy the family and life.

Alan

• Like 3

I'm sad to hear you are leaving, but very happy to hear that family is a priority and this is were your energies will be going.

Take care Jim and thank you for all your work.

• Like 1

Jim—I hope you and yours are well and thriving. My respect for you is enormous. You have single-handedly kept me (and many others I am sure) inside the VW corral with your authentic care, clarity and lack of enmity towards the many who have been hurt/frustrated/outraged by their VW experiences. You will be missed.

• Like 1

First Norte Dame, now YOU! This is a rough April. I hope to see you on the boards soon. Be well. Be happy.

Raymond

PS - This was not your best Teaser-Tuesday. Just sayin'.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

This is a blow - we will miss you Jim, but I am sure you are doing it for the right reasons.

All the very best.  Nemetschek will struggle to fill the role with someone as good & dedicated as you.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Andrew Davies said:

This is a blow - we will miss you Jim, but I am sure you are doing it for the right reasons.

All the very best.  Nemetschek will struggle to fill the role with someone as good & dedicated as you.

I second that. Good luck with everything you want to do.

Mark

• Like 1

@Jim Wilson this is unexpected news. I sincerely appreciate all of your hard work, support, and the advancements you've achieved over your years here. You will be greatly missed but you've set a great standard for your successors.

Wishing you health, happiness and success for the future. Happy rendering, CNC'ing and 3d printing!

Kevin

• Like 1

Jim,

I wish you all the best.  It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and talking to you at the design summit.  I truly appreciate every ounce of knowledge you have shared with us.  You have made my use of Vectorworks that much greater.

Hope our paths will cross again and I can tip back a beer or two with you some day.

Cheers,

Rob

• Like 1

Jim,  I have no doubt that you will be wildly successful no matter where your next adventure leads.   I truly enjoyed our hang times at the last two Design Summits and will miss them greatly.  I will most certainly miss the unmistakable voice and personality your brought to this organization,   you made it like talking to a friend on the inside vs a faceless company.   I'm glad you'll get to spend more time with family.  Someone once told me,  never fall in love with the Job, because the Job won't love you back.   The more time that passes, the more I realize how true that is.   Family first!  Best of luck to you!   You will be missed!

-W

• Love 1

I can't say it any better than those on this thread already have...you'll be greatly missed. Best of wishes to you!

-E

• Like 1

How sad. Best wishes for your future success and thanks for all your very helpful support!

• Like 1

Good luck my friend. Thanks for everything, it was an absolute pleasure!

• Like 1

Your voice in this forum will be dearly missed! All the best for your next part in life! May the force be with you 😉

• Like 1

So sorry to see you go. I've been following your posts every day and they have really helped my VW experience. Best of luck to you and your family.

• Like 1

Jim thanks for all your help and honesty on this forum!

I hope your colleagues did something special today for you 🙂

Wish you all the best for you and your family!

• Like 1