Instruments not attaching to/Following Hanging Position?

Hi

I might be missing something here...

I am working on a Lighting plan with Vectorworks 2019 with some Lighting bars and Lighting Ladders. These are setup

as Hanging positions.

Some of these have instruments attached to them but in some instances, when I move the hanging positions some or

all of the instruments attached to them do not move in tandem with the position.

What could I be missing here?

Many Thanks

Edited by miguelZinfandel

Thanks.

Unfortunately, In my case, refreshing the instruments will not move them to the correct location in the hanging positions.

Quite an annoyance. I have the rig synchronised with Lightwright. Erasing and re-inserting is a real pain...

Is there an appropriate channel to report a Spotlight bug?

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This shouldn't be too tough of a fix. First make sure that whatever you are hanging your lighting devices on does in fact appear as a Hanging Position in the Object Info Palette. Once you've confirmed that, go ahead a place all of your lighting devices on the hanging position in their correct 3D position. Make sure that some piece of geometry from the lighting device is intersecting the geometry of the hanging position. Then select all of the lights for that hanging position, right click one of them, select the option for Attach to a Hanging Position, then left click the hanging position. Now all of the lights should move with the hanging position. Another way to verify this is by clicking just the hanging position. Once you select it you should see little blue arrow where each of your lights are attached. I've attached a file for reference.

Ladder.vwx

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I'm having a very similar issue. Working in VMX 2023.

When I drew a 2D rectangle to create a lighting bar (and converted this to a hanging position) it managed to calculate bar weight as well as attach to the bar itself. It also showed that blue rectangle with a drop down to attach/detach.

However, this does not display in 3D. So, I created a lighting pipe using the lighting pipe tool. It creates the pipe in 3D but the lights do not attach to it and therefore cannot calculate weights. There is no blue drop down list, but when I move the bar, the lights move with it.

Am I missing something?