Videos of the foliage tool in action?

• 2 years later...
Guest BillV

Here is a model I did using the Foliage Tool and send to surface. Both the plantation pines and hedge done with Foliage. The wind Turbines are a Plant Symbol ! with the Turbine imported from Sketchup 

The Hedge is Linear Mode and the Tress are Area On Ground mode.

2021-07-27_12-09-07.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Tony, thank you for posting that file, it's helped me to figure out the foliage tool a bit more. 

I'm curious how you added the wisteria looking foliage in. I can't find that as an option for a leaf type. I'm on Vectorworks Landmark 2021. Did you need to create the symbol?

I also can't find the wisteria flower. 

Also, is it possible to make the grid thicker, so that the foliage takes up more height and appears bushier?

Thank you for your contributions to explaining this tool! It's been perplexing me. I want to be able to create vines that run across the top of a pergola, just like you have done, but haven't figured out all the steps to dial in the details. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 7:29 PM, mbaron said:

I'm curious how you added the wisteria looking foliage in. I can't find that as an option for a leaf type. I'm on Vectorworks Landmark 2021. Did you need to create the symbol?

I also can't find the wisteria flower. 

Also, is it possible to make the grid thicker, so that the foliage takes up more height and appears bushier?

The wisteria leaf + flower symbols are in Tony's file.

To increase the density of the foliage on the top of the pergola you need to reduce the 'Grid Spacing' value + to make it take up more height you should duplicate one of the Foliage objects + place it above the existing ones. Currently there are three Foliage objects in total on top of the pergola: one for the leaf at the bottom, one for the flower in the middle, then another for the leaf at the top. You could add additional Area-Grid configuration Foliage objects to the stack to make it bushier overall.

• Like 1